09 February 2011

Still feeling the January Blues!!

Can't believe it's February already and i'm still feeling the January blues. Too many things to do and very little time! I have decided to write down some of my goals and resolutions for 2011.

1. Learn CAD, specifically Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator

2. Practice my freehand sketching a lot more so i can draw quickly without templates

3. Continue improving my pattern cutting skills and attempt to make at least ONE garment per week

4. Read more often especially books by my favourite authors and self help books

5. Eat less (i love food and at least it's mainly healthy foods that i cook myself but i need to cut down on my portion sizes) and exercise more. Ok ok, i need to START exercising as my body is a total strange to it! I NEED to get fit and toned.

6. Visit/spend more time with my family and friends- being a fashion student is a lot of hard work and very time consuming as i'm always at uni or at home doing work.... trapped in this little bubble!

7. Travel more often... would love to go on holiday this year to the caribbean... but living off a student's budget... well... let's just hope and pray!

8. Continue smiling and laughing often and deeply... with all the crap going on in the world, it keeps you sane!

9. I'm not going to buy any clothes except for basic vest tops and knits this year in an attempt to make me focus on making my own stuff. After all self promotion is the best way! :)

10. Accept, relax and enjoy. I am a big worrier unfortunately and i tend to over-think things as well (I have the grey hairs as proof!). I think it's much better to practice acceptance and have faith that your life will be the best it can be if you just smile... well we will see about this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

share