10 June 2011

Graduate Fashion Week!

Wow, what a great year for Graduate Fashion Week. There were some amazing catwalk shows and some beautifully presented sketchbooks and portfolios. I was one if the student helpers working in Theatre A and B everyday. It was great fun working at GFW but by then end of each evening my feet were kiiiiiiiilling me!


Exhibition-
There were over 50 of the top fashion and textiles universities from the UK and overseas. My college, Croydon higher Education, had a stand there also (stand no B132). My favourite portfolio was from a fashion student, Aude Banzolo, from Southampton Solent University. I loved loved loved her folio. It was innovative, stylish, creative, retro and urban. I loved her fashion sketches... they were amaaaaazing! Check out her website to see some of her beautiful illustrations and designs www.kytoko.com







Another student that I loved was Emma Lines from University of Westminster. Her folio focused on layering, the manipulation of fabric and got inspiration from Erdem by producing illustrations that showed the 1950’s body shapes – with architectural silhouettes with a feminine touch. Emma was inspired and encouraged by Richard Gray – who is a fashion illustrator but also her tutor, pushed her creativity, and by doing so she was able to create some beautiful illustrations. Her folio was shortlisted for the Karen Millen Fashion Portfolio Award.







Felix Chabluk Smith kin was one of my favourite menswear designers. His collection was inspired by family history, lineage and residual genetics. His illustration were very well presented and just lovely to look at. He was also shortlisted for the Karen Millen Award.






There were a good few other designers that I really liked but it will take too long to mention all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

share